- Carnage -
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Installing and Running Ventrilo.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Thanatopsis

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-11-29

Installing and Running Ventrilo. Empty
PostSubject: Installing and Running Ventrilo.   Installing and Running Ventrilo. EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 9:53 pm

A late night guide for the guild.

First, download it. http://ventrilo.com/download.php
-When downloading, download the right version. Vista 64 Bit/Windows XP 32 Bit/ ETC.
-If you aren't computer savvy, most likely its Windows XP 32 bit.

Second, install it.
-No need to help you here. If you can install requiem, you can install ventrilo.

Third, when it opens click on the "->" sign next to User Name.
- Click on "New" and type your name you wish to use. Mostlikely your IGN (In game name)

Fourth, click on the "->" next to Server
-Click on "New"
-Host Name or IP is: 216.127.72.90
-Port Number is: 3376
-Click "OK"

Now, hit "Connect". It should successfully connect.

Advanced Options:
Setting Up Your Mic.
-Click on Set Up (After you connect)
-If you don't wish to hear you talk outside of game, say your mom calls for you... Check "Use Push To Talk Hotkey"
-On the "Hot Key" area, just push down a hot key. Find a key that doesn't interfere with your gaming.
-It should auto detect your mic, if not, to the right check "Use Direct Sound" and make sure it's on "Default DirectSound device" you can change it if you are really advanced.
-Make sure they are both checked for Input and Output.

Hardware Mixer.
-Your Mixer is your microphone, most of the time. Try the different options.
-Your Line is what they hear from you. Keep it at default or mess around.

Testing.
-To test, just click on "Test" and say something or if you are using Push To Talk, HOLD down the key say what ever you want, and let go.
-If the test is good, you're almost done. If not, keep trying. Try all the differnet options under hardware mixer.

Amplifiers.
-Outbound is whats coming out of your computer. Most of the time, you want this around 0 or in the negatives. Unless your mic is very cheap and they can't hear you.
-Inbound is what you hear thats coming to you from your speakers. Most of the time, you would want around 10.

Thats about it.

Wait. Someones way too loud! How do I lower their sound?
-Right click their name. I'll use Reliea for an example. Right click her name. Mouse over "Misc." (Miscellaneous) and click on "Special Effects"
-Click on "Volume" on the right column, and click on "Add" Change it either lower or higher. Of course, lower means lower sound. You get the picture.

I hope that helps you. I will post screenshots tomorrow if someone really needs it. If you need help, just post a comment and I will try to help you A.S.A.P

Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Installing and Running Ventrilo.   Installing and Running Ventrilo. EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 6:49 am

Nice post. Thanks for the help. The people in the guild who don't have it should all go get it now ! lol
Back to top Go down
AnniFlare

AnniFlare

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Installing and Running Ventrilo.   Installing and Running Ventrilo. EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 7:53 am

this helps an awful lot!

whenever i can play without the old man in the house, i will. =]
until then, i'll be hunting for the best pair of multimedia headphones i can find.
Back to top Go down
Thanatopsis

PostSubject: Re: Installing and Running Ventrilo.   Installing and Running Ventrilo. EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 2:25 pm

AnniFlare wrote:
this helps an awful lot!

whenever i can play without the old man in the house, i will. =]
until then, i'll be hunting for the best pair of multimedia headphones i can find.

For best results, don't get an USB headset.

Get one with a Line In and Microphone (Red and Green 3.5MM jack) It's easier to adjust.
Back to top Go down
AnniFlare

AnniFlare

PostSubject: Re: Installing and Running Ventrilo.   Installing and Running Ventrilo. EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 2:58 pm

Thanatopsis wrote:
For best results, don't get an USB headset.

Get one with a Line In and Microphone (Red and Green 3.5MM jack) It's easier to adjust.
good looking out. =]
Back to top Go down
AnniFlare

AnniFlare

PostSubject: Re: Installing and Running Ventrilo.   Installing and Running Ventrilo. EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 3:18 pm

oh-grr.
now i feel awfully terrible. cuz my little mic on my lappytop won't work with me here. =[
any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Installing and Running Ventrilo.   Installing and Running Ventrilo. EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 3:26 pm

Double check that its not muted and turn up the mic volume all the way. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Thanatopsis

PostSubject: Re: Installing and Running Ventrilo.   Installing and Running Ventrilo. EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 9:12 pm

AnniFlare wrote:
oh-grr.
now i feel awfully terrible. cuz my little mic on my lappytop won't work with me here. =[
any suggestions?

Integrated Mic's aren't always the best. You have to mess with the settings, I personally never had one.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Installing and Running Ventrilo.   Installing and Running Ventrilo. EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 5:23 am

I got a mic ready too go but I'll probably won't use it much due to being next to a room where someone sleeps *thin walls ftl*
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Installing and Running Ventrilo.   Installing and Running Ventrilo. EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 8:41 am

Shutendoji wrote:
I got a mic ready too go but I'll probably won't use it much due to being next to a room where someone sleeps *thin walls ftl*
Ah just whisper, and we'll turn you waaaay up Razz
Back to top Go down
Spirallize

Spirallize

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Installing and Running Ventrilo.   Installing and Running Ventrilo. EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 8:54 am

how many slots are in ventrilo?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Installing and Running Ventrilo.   Installing and Running Ventrilo. EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 9:22 am

I put in a ticket yesterday to up it to 15 slots. So it should be there tonight. What a Face
Back to top Go down
TheRaven
Admin
TheRaven

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Installing and Running Ventrilo.   Installing and Running Ventrilo. EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 3:42 am

Argh mine says....

'Unable to activate DirectSound for selected device. DirectSoundCaptureCreate failed'

=[

Any help with that?

Raven
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Installing and Running Ventrilo.   Installing and Running Ventrilo. EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 6:11 am

Hmmmmm new one to me Raven , but I'll try to look in to it today at work.
Back to top Go down
TheRaven
Admin
TheRaven

PostSubject: Re: Installing and Running Ventrilo.   Installing and Running Ventrilo. EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 8:03 am

Thankyou very much then.

I have looked but i really have no idea what im looking for really.

First time of using Vent =]

Raven
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Installing and Running Ventrilo.   Installing and Running Ventrilo. EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 9:18 am

log into vent go to set up and make sure its set for direct sound input. when I get home I will look at my settings and post how my vent is setup. It should help.
Back to top Go down
TheRaven
Admin
TheRaven

PostSubject: Re: Installing and Running Ventrilo.   Installing and Running Ventrilo. EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 10:21 am

Awesome stuff.

Iv been looking into it and i beleive it may have something to do with me not having any kind of mic at the moment.

New pc and all havent had the chance to instal my webcam.

Raven
Back to top Go down
Derxion

Derxion

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Installing and Running Ventrilo.   Installing and Running Ventrilo. EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 3:21 am

Yay i got vent up and running hehe hope to see you there
*Note*My voice sucks xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Installing and Running Ventrilo.   Installing and Running Ventrilo. Empty

Back to top Go down

Installing and Running Ventrilo.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
- Carnage - :: Guides :: Other-
Jump to: